Flu Vaccination Programme
We continue to work in partnership with our GP Federation Alliance for Better Care to deliver the Autumn / Winter Vaccination Programme including Covid-19 first and second jabs, Covid-19 Boosters and Flu Vaccinations. Patients can now request a Vaccination appointment online using the form on the Alliance for Better Care website https://abcltd.org.uk/nhsbookajab/ or you can turn up to any of our walk-in clinics listed online https://abcltd.org.uk/covid-vaccination-programme/walk-in-clinics/
This list is constantly updated, so check again at a later date if there isn't a date suitable for you at this time.
The importance of the flu vaccine
More people are likely to get flu this winter as fewer people will have built up natural immunity to it during the COVID-19 pandemic
If you get flu and COVID-19 at the same time, research shows you're more likely to be seriously ill
Getting vaccinated against flu and COVID-19 will provide protection for you and those around you for both these serious illnesses
If you've had COVID-19, it's safe to have the flu vaccine. It will still be effective at helping to prevent flu.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to people who:
- are 50 and over (including those who'll be 50 by 31 March 2022)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
For information on flu vaccination for children, please follow this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/
Where to get the flu vaccine
You can have the NHS flu vaccine:
- through your GP surgery
- a pharmacy offering the service
- the midwifery service if you are pregnant
- a hospital appointment