Are you living with a long term health condition and/or a carer for someone else and require some additional support? then the Lindfield Medical Centre Care Co-ordinators are there to help you.
Sister Helen Shaw and Health Care Assistant Alison Best have the additional roles of Care Co-ordinators, a service that has been running for nearly 5 years. The aim is to support and signpost patients to the right services for them, to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and to help them to remain independent in their own home. We work closely alongside the GPs, voluntary sector and other health and social care professionals. Patients can either have an appointment at the surgery or if they are housebound then they can be visited in their home.
These are some of the things they can help you with;
- Social isolation by arranging for volunteers to visit patients at home, take them shopping or just a cup of tea and a chat.
- Telephoning patients after discharge from hospital following an unplanned admission to ensure patients have everything they need.
- Accessing help in the home, Meals on Wheels, Telealarm/Lifeline and finding care providers.
- Preventing falls.
- Dementia/Alzheimer`s support as well as Carers Support and getting involved with the local community.
- Safety in the home including security and fire safety.
- Referrals for mobility aids and home adaptions.
If you are a registered patient at Lindfield Medical centre and would like an appointment with them, please ring the Surgery number 01444 484056 and leave your contact details and they will be in touch.
Equally if you live locally, have an hour or two a week spare to volunteer to help with any of the voluntary services please do get in touch as above.
You can also visit our page Information for Carers.