CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (25/03/20)
FOLLOWING ADVICE FROM OUR CCG, WE ARE CANCELLING ALL PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENTS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. We will only be carrying out essential activity. Your understanding during this time is much appreciated.
ANYONE WITH COUGH OR FEVER >37.8 AND THEIR FAMILY NEEDS TO SELF ISOLATE AT HOME FOR 14 DAYS.
Do NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111/us to advise you're staying at home.
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
NHS England have advised us to move to a total triage service. This means you will not be able to book face to face appointments. A doctor will speak to you and if they feel you need to be seen, you will be given an appointment. Please ring in to book a telephone appointment.
How can you help?
- Please do not come into the surgery - telephone first
- Self-manage minor ailments at home. Click here for advice or look at the When Should I Worry? leaflet
- Self-certify for the first 7 days off work. Click here for a self-isolation note
- Request prescriptions online or via SystmOne or NHS apps.
- If you are expecting a telephone call, please keep your phone near you and answer it. The call will be from a withheld number
- If you are told to come to the surgery, please come on your own/with one other person if you are unable to come alone. Leave all children etc at home.
- DO NOT ASK FOR TESTING. This is not available via a GP surgery.
Useful Links for Reliable Information regarding Coronavirus
If you cannot get through on the phones, but wish to contact the surgery, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org . This email address is checked intermittently, and not to be used in an emergency.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Click here to take our Friends and Family Test
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
(Site updated 14/08/2020)